What is Viscotaq?
Viscotaq is a low temperature wrapping band coating of uniform thickness. It’s cold applied making it a very forgiving product in field applications.
Polar Polyolefin with cold flow, self-healing viscoelastic properties, adhering extremely well to virtually any surface – Glass/Wood/Steel/Concrete.
A viscous liquid, fully resistant/impermeable to water. Polyolefin retains its visco-elasticity properties at ambient temperature and due to its performance record its been proven over time not to age or change its characteristics. Viscotaq works in the same nature of Van Der Waals forces It is the residual attractive or repulsive forces between molecules or atomic groups that do not arise from covalent bonds, nor ionic bonds. This is exactly how a Gecko balances both adhesion and cohesion whilst running up a wall.
- Worldwide patented viscous-elastic amorphous a-polar polyolefin.
- Solid material with high resistance to shear and stable at elevated temperatures.
- Impermeable to moisture and gases.
- Immediate adhesion to a substrate without primer.
- Remaining plastic and flexible characteristics.
- Permanent wetting characteristics.
- Cold flow under pressure.
- Glass transition temperature -42 C/-43,6 F
- Self healing characteristics.
- Eliminates the risk for Microbiological Induced Corrosion.
- No curing time.
- Surface preparation minimum ST-2 (commercial brush) or SSPC-3.
- No problems with salts and osmosis.
- Inert material. No deterioration in the course of time.
- Cohesive fracture.
- 100% inert formulation. No reactive groups and no deterioration in the course of time. VISCOTAQ will not crack, nor become brittle and remains in its semi solid state.
- 30 years product guarantee.