Aboveground Storage Tanks – Chime Ring Dry
The NTIC® Zerust® team was awarded a project aimed to provide corrosion protection to the underside surfaces of two tanks located in a hot desert climate.
Goals and Objectives
- Installation of the “Chime Ring Dry” IDS
- Sealing of the tank chime area
- Injection of Zerust Zerion FVS Inhibitor Slurry into the installed “Chime Ring Dry” IDS
- Installation of FVS corrosion inhibitor mesh sleeves within the installed “Chime Ring Dry” IDS
- Zerion® FVS Dry Powder
- Zerust® Zerion® FVS corrosion inhibitor was to be placed around the tank chime using the “Chime Ring Dry” inhibitor delivery system (IDS).
Vessel(s) Diameter: 30’
- The installation of a Zerust IDS solution was completed on both tanks with success.
- The client stated that they were pleased with the quality of work.
- Tank SSB IDS systems can be replenished while the tank is in operation.
- VCIs offer non-permanent corrosion protection at the molecular level that is safe and eco-friendly.
- Corrosion protection for voids and interstices that are impossible to protect with other methods.
- VCI dispersion ensures uniform distribution across the tank bottom.
- Maintenance time is significantly reduced.